This set of short presentations covers part of my main lectures on lipid and lipoprotein metabolism. Each short video covers a particular aspect of lipid transport through the body using the analogy of a factory and product delivery system. These slides accompany the lecture material for Metabolism (5BBB0223) but would be useful as a lipid and lipoprotein review for the MSc Nutrition students (7MNT0004-Principles of Nutrition), Intercalated BSc Nutrition Medical Students (6MNTNP00 – Principles of Nutrition) and Year 3 Nutrition and Dietetics students (6MNT0302 – Applied Nutrition). Suggestions for additional topics/posts welcome.
Video Presentation Topics:
- What are lipoproteins?
- What is the exogenous lipid transport?
- What is the endogenous lipid transport?
- What is the reverse cholesterol transport pathway?
- How do the lipid transport pathways relate to each other?
- How are lipids released from adipose and used as metabolic fuel in other tissues?